For all the ladies who hike out there, has anyone found a solution to uncomfortable panties on the trail?
A lot of you have provided excellent feedback on the Hiking 101: Underwear page, and I continue to search for that perfect pair of panties!
I’ve trail tested the Patagonia Hipster Briefs, the ExOfficio Give-N-Go Bikini Briefs, and will soon be testing Icebreaker’s new Spite Hot Pant and the new ExOfficio Lacy Low Rise. I talked with both companies at the Outdoor Retailer show, and apparently ExOfficio changed the cut slightly on the Give-N-Gos in the last year or two. I bought mine about 3 years ago….so perhaps the new cut will be better?
What I’m looking for:
- Comfort! The materials should be soft against the skin and stay in place. No one wants a wedgie on the trail!
- Quick dry/Wicks well. Good hiking underwear should be made of nylon, polyester, wool, etc.
- Odor reducing. No one wants to smell…
- Price that won’t break the bank. Specialized underwear always seems to be pricey… but it should definitely be under $20 per pair. Otherwise that’s just crazy!
Hiking Lady Underwear Reviews:
Reviews coming soon:
- Icebreaker Sprite Hot Pant
- ExOfficio Lacy Low Rise
- Isis Sport Brief
- others? Please recommend any that you think are worth testing!
I’ll keep you posted about all the fun stuff… fit, odor, wedgies, and more! 😉
Check out the results! And the Best Hiking Underwear Is…