As part of the quest to find the best hiking underwear, I’ve tested two Isis panties, in addition to a few from other manufacturers. See related blog post: The Best Hiking Underwear. I’ve been looking for a great pair of underwear that will be comfortable, moisture wicking, odor reducing, and reasonably priced. How do the Isis Henna Hipster and the Isis Sport Brief stand up to the challenge?
Isis is a quality manufacturer of women’s specific technical apparel. They started out making jackets, and now they’ve got a full line of outerwear, tops, bottoms, intimates, and even dresses! Since they’re based in one of my favorite cities, Boulder, Colorado, I am somewhat partial to them! The brand is named after the Ancient Egyptian goddess Isis…does it live up to its name?
Isis Henna Hipster Panties
- Comfortable material. The Henna Hipsters are soft against the skin.
- Top material quality that dries quickly. These are made of 96% nylon / 4% spandex, and are super soft. Because they are synthetic, they dry quickly.
- Pretty design. The Henna Hipsters all have a fun, swirling pattern definitely look cute!
- Low rise. For me, I found the hipster cut to be a little low for hiking. I prefer higher coverage when I’m out in the wilderness!
- Price. $19 for one pair of underwear! This is inline with other top brands like the Patagonia Hipsters and the ExOfficio Give N Gos, but seriously! (I’m always on the hunt for lower price alternatives…)
Isis Sport Brief
- Comfortable fit. The fit on the Sport Briefs was far better for me on hikes, runs, and camping trips. They definitely stayed in place better than the Henna Hipsters, and I like that the rise is a little bit higher than the Henna Hipsters (note, these are still low rise panties!).
- Dry quickly. These dried even faster in my tests, likely because of the material blend: 76% nylon / 19% polyester / 5% spandex. The extra 1% mix of spandex is what likely helped keep them in place better than the Henna Hipsters.
- Price. These are $20. Enough said.
I definitely prefer the Isis Sport Briefs over the Henna Hipsters…but at the end of the day (or a multi day backpacking trip!) underwear is so personal and our body types all so different that you may have a different outcome! What is your favorite hiking underwear?
Want to know more about women’s hiking underwear? Check out Hiking 101: Hiking Underwear.