The Salomon Quest 4D Women’s Boots are comfortable and durable hiking boots for ideal for women who want a boot with minimal break-in time.
These are great boots for moderate to intense day hiking as well as light backpacking trips.
Plus, for those of you with longer feet, these come in size 11!
What Hiking Lady Likes About the Salomon Quest 4D Women’s Boots:
- Comfortable and lightweight. The Salomon Quest 4D’s are comfortable and lightweight, meaning that you’re feet will be happy and you’re much more likely to want to get outside and hike!
- Great for all types of terrain. Sand, mud, rocks…these boots can handle it.
- Gilly (Ghillie) lacing system. This helps provide a secure fit. What is a Gilly (Ghillie) Lacing System? It is a lacing system that originated in the Scottish Highlands and it involves a system of rings and loops over the tongue of a boot or shoe, rather than eyelets punctured into the boot or shoe.
- Good support. These are more supportive than a boot such as the Merrell Moab Mid Top Women’s Boots, but don’t weigh as much as the heavy (but even more rugged) Oboz Wind River II backpacking boots.
- Price: $160-$230 at Amazon.com
- Weight: 19.75 ounces
- Materials: Nubuck leather
The verdict? If you’re looking for a lightweight hiking boot with limited break-in time required, the Salomon Quest 4D’s are a good choice, especially if you value comfort and don’t require a stiff shank for more intense backpacking and mountaineering activities.
Remember to check out Hiking Lady’s 10 Tips for Hiking Boot Shopping, including why you should generally order 1/2 size larger than your street shoes.