What kind of boots would you expect a small group of outdoor enthusiasts living in Bozeman, Montana to design?
Perhaps a pair of boots that can handle rugged terrain, is waterproof yet breathable, has a high-tech lacing system, and is durable and fashionable.
The Oboz Wind River II Women’s Backpacking boots are just that. They are truly boots designed for handling long backpacking trips and intense day hikes. Continue reading the review of the Oboz Wind River II’s to find out why they are Hiking Lady approved!
Features of the Oboz Wind River II’s that earned approval from Hiking Lady:
- Very fast break-in.The Oboz Wind River II required minimal break-in time. Just a couple of short hikes in the local mountains and the leather felt like it was custom fit to my feet and ankles.
- Special lacing system. It’s called the “Oboz BFit” and makes it easy to lock your heel into place. If you wear other boots, check out the Hiking Lady video about how to lock your heel in place with other boot brands.
- Lots of traction. See the picture below, it says it all.
- Excellent support for backpacking. Yes, these boots are overkill for short, non-rocky day hikes with a light daypack on. However, they are what you need for a backpacking adventure walking for miles a day over rough terrain and carrying a large pack. Backpacking boots, and the Oboz Wind River II’s in particular, provide excellent support for your feet and ankles to withstand a wide variety of terrain.
- Price: $185 at Amazon.com
- Weight: 2 pounds 9.8 ounces for a pair.
- Materials: Waterproof nubuck and abrasion-resistant nylon
The verdict? If you’re looking for a hardcore backpacking boot, the Oboz Wind River II’s are an excellent choice. They are my new favorite backpacking boots!
Remember to check out Hiking Lady’s 10 Tips for Hiking Boot Shopping, including why you should generally order 1/2 size larger than your street shoes.