Vasque has developed a new line of shoes for Spring 2015 called the Vasque Inhalers. They are light hiking shoes, ideal for day hikes when you want breathable, comfortable boots that feel more like trail running shoes than boots.
Vasque wanted to design the most breathable hiking shoes in their product line ever, and that is what they achieved with the Inhalers.
What I Like About the Vasque Inhaler Women’s Hiking Boots:
- Very lightweight. Vasque Inhaler’s have a lot of mesh, making them lightweight and breathable. When boots are lightweight and breathable, it means that you’re feet will be happy and you’re much more likely to want to get outside and hike!
- Durable, Vibram sole. As to be expected, Vasque used excellent soles on these boots to provide great traction in a variety of conditions.
Limitations of the Vasque Inhaler Women’s Hiking Boots:
- Plastic grommets! I was a bit disappointed that Vasque used plastic grommets on the Inhaler’s, as seen in the picture below. It is hard to know how durable these will be, but in the past they generally used sturdy metal (see the Hiking Lady review of the Vasque Taku boots and the Vasque St. Elias GTX boots. Time will tell how long they hold up, and it is possible that Vasque used plastic to shave off weight (the Inhaler’s are designed to be extremely lightweight and breathable).
- Price: $159 at Amazon.com
- Weight: 1 pound 10 ounces
- Materials: Mesh. Leather. Vibram sole.
- Low top and mid top: Note they come in low top and mid top versions (product tested was the mid top.
The verdict? If you’re looking for an ultra lightweight hiking boot, the Vasque Inhaler’s are a good choice for a spring and summer time hiking shoe. The mesh will keep your feet cool, and the lightweight construction will help you stay comfortable on all day hikes. For backpacking activities, check out the backpacking boot reviews.
Also remember to check out Hiking Lady’s 10 Tips for Hiking Boot Shopping, including why you should generally order 1/2 size larger than your street shoes.