Since 1981, Prospecs has developed unique walking shoes, and are now the #1 selling walking shoes in Korea. Prospecs are coming to the U.S., and they have incorporated their focus on performance through improved alignment, cushioning, and stability in the women’s Prospecs Trail Walk 402.
Prospecs’ heritage is power walking, or “athletic walking” as they call it, and long ago they realized that walkers and hikers need walking specific shoes, not running shoes. They use specialized sole technology to help keep the body balanced when walking.
We’ve been testing the Prospecs Trail Walk 402 on local day hikes. At first we were at bit surprised by its unusual design and its unique lacing technology, but after some regular wear we became used to it.
- Lightweight. The Prospecs Trail Walk 402 are designed for stability and support, and Prospecs has managed to do this and still keep the shoe lightweight.
- Unique lacing design. Unlike a lace up low top hiking shoe, the Prospecs have an elastic quick-lace system, which some hikers may have seen on some Salomon trail shoes. This is convenient to use. To avoid tripping on the excess, we tucked the cord under the bottom laces.
- Run wide. If you have wide feet, then this is a positive! It is just something to keep in mind if your feet run narrow.
- Price: Available from Prospecs-usa.com for $149.00
- Weight: 11.9 ounces for US size 7
- Heel to Toe Drop: 11.5mm
The verdict? If you’ve got wider than average feet, these Prospecs Trails Walks are a good option for a light day hiking shoe.
Remember to check out Hiking Lady’s 10 Tips for Hiking Boot Shopping, including why you should generally order 1/2 size larger than your street shoes.