All of us hikers and backpackers appreciate lightweight, quick dry towels. No wonder REI and other outdoor shops have huge selections of various packable microfiber towels for drying off after a dip in a lake or a campground shower. They are also great to take to the beach, yoga class, or just to have in your emergency kit.
Now there’s a new player in the quick dry towel space: LifeTowel!
I was introduced to LifeTowel on Facebook, and have been testing a couple of samples of their quick dry travel towels. Quick dry towels, including LifeTowels, can absorb a lot of water, be wrung out, and air dry quickly. That is why backpackers, hikers, and travelers use them regularly. Whenever I go camping or backpacking, I always have my quick dry towel with me.
What is unique about LifeTowel compared to all of the other quick dry travel towels on the market?
- Antimicrobial. LifeTowels are treated with Silvadur Antimicrobial Protection from Dow, which apparently helps prevent the growth of nasty bacteria and helps prevent smelly towel syndrome! Note, many yoga and athletic apparel companies are incorporating silver based treatments into their products to serve this same purpose. It is a good idea for anything that get sweaty, wet, and has the potential to smell!
- 90 Day Guarantee. LifeTowel is a new company, and they are sure confident about their products! They offer a full refund if you are unsatisfied after trying it for 90 days.
- Easy care. Similar to other microfiber quick dry towels, LifeTowels can either be handwashed, or washed in a machine and then air dried or dried on low heat. They don’t need to be washed after every use.
Specs of LifeTowel Travel Towels
- Dimensions: LifeTowels come in a variety of sizes, from 12 inches x 24 inches all the way up to 30 inches x 60 inches.
- Weight: The towels range in weight from 2.0 ounces to 8.3 ounces.
- Materials: 80% Polyester, 20% Polyamide.
- Colors: Royal Blue and Storm Grey.
- Included in Package: If you buy a towel set, you get a mesh storage bag.
- Pricing: Single towels range from $12.97-19.97.
Where to buy:
You can buy LifeTowels at the LifeTowel website or on Amazon.com.
See More Hiking Gear Reviews:
Great website, very clean and easy to navigate. However, dates on the gear reviews and sources (if it is your review or found on the internet) would be very helpful. gear changes like the winds. Cheers!
I am fascinated by the new technology in fabrics nowadays it’s amazing antibacterial feature is great for backpacking and this product comes with a guarantee too. This would be a great product to use as part of my backpacking trip on the AT this year.