Hands down, the best duffel bag is the North Face Base Camp duffel. These have been popular for years, and luckily The North Face continues to make them. The North Face makes a variety of high quality products, ranging from apparel, to boots, tents, backpacks, and more.
Why is this North Face Basecamp duffel so great? First off, it is highly durable. I’ve used it to haul camping gear, ski gear, and even for moving…and it holds up to lots of abuse. It is comfortable to transport because of the two built in backpack style trips, and it is easy to see your gear because of the huge opening at the top of the bag. It can be checked on to flights or strapped to the top of a car. It can be left out in the rain and hold up really well (just don’t immerse the whole thing in water because the zippers are not taped shut…it is not a submersible “dry bag”).
The bottom line is that while it is a bit pricey, the North Face Base Camp duffel is a heavy duty, high quality essential for serious adventurers.
Be sure to check out Hiking Lady’s reviews of other North Face products.
Specs for The North Face Base Camp Duffel
- Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL (XS is a good gym bag; XL can carry a small child!)
- Backpack straps: Yes; makes it easy to carry
- Pockets: Mesh interior pocket
- Materials: Ballistic nylon; the fabric is water proof but the zippers or not (so don’t immerse it in water!)
- Price: $99.95-$169.95 depending on size