As many Hiking Lady readers know, for summer time hiking, I love my breathable, lightweight Dorfman Pacific Solarweave Mesh Hat.
I have had the chance to test a new hat from Dorfman Pacific, the Stetson No Fly Zone Women’s Mesh Hat. What is special about this hat? The “No Fly Zone” technology!
What Is A “No Fly Zone” Hat?
All of us hate mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, flies, and midges. “No Fly Zone” fabric incorporates odorless and invisible insect repellent technology. Basically, the hat has a permethrin-permeated layer, that helps keep mosquitoes, ticks, and other pests away. And for those of you worried about chemical exposures – don’t worry, the fabric is recommended by the CDC.
- Materials: Nylon, polyester.
- Price: $35.00. A very affordable price for a hat like this.
- Color Choices: Khaki.
- Wind ready? Yes, it has a chin strap.
- Weight: Very lightweight.
- Special instructions: No Fly Zone technology lasts for 70 washes; do not dry clean this hat because it will remove the Permethrin, which is what keeps the bugs away!