Do you have a little one on the way and your friends and family are asking you “Where are you registered”? Having a 3-year-old and 6-month-old myself, I am very familiar with the generosity of friends and family when you have a new baby on the way. Everyone seems to want to buy you something, and your new adventure of being a parent is about to begin!
As an outdoorsy parent, the best thing you can do is register your baby for some outdoor essentials. My favorite baby registry is at REI Co-op. Instead of having your friends buy fancy clothes for your baby that they may only wear once, how about having them buy a Thule Urban Glide trail stroller (I LOVE mine!) so you can hit the trails with your little one! Or Patagonia baselayers that you can have your baby wear on every adventure! And perhaps Curious George Goes Camping. We all need to instill in our children a love of the outdoors that will last a lifetime, and there’s no easier way to get them outside than to be properly equipped. 🙂
How to Create an REI Co-Op Baby Registry
To create an REI Co-Op registry, follow-up these simple steps.
- Head over to the special REI page at MyRegistry.com.
- Then click the “Create a Registry” button.
- As you browse the website, you’ll see a little button below “Add to Cart” called “Add to Registry”. Pretty simple!
Features of the REI Registry
I’ve noticed a few awesome features about the REI registry, which I also wrote about at the Hiking Lady review of REI’s Wedding Registry.
- You can add products from other retailers since it is on the MyRegistry platform. This is so convenient!
- You get all the benefits of using MyRegistry: you can easily send out announcements of your registry, share it on social media, display it on your wedding website, make printable announcements, and more!
- You can get alerts letting you know if certain items are out of stock. Make a registry and update it often before your baby shower! If you’re not having a shower, still register…people will buy you gifts! I know from experience, so make sure you get items you want. You certainly don’t want to spend time returning or donating gifts you don’t need/want after your baby arrives.
- This is a big benefit…drumroll please…You get 10% OFF ALL UNPURCHASED ITEMS up to a year out from your event. A lot of retailers offer this (often known as the “completion discount”), but wohoooooo!! REI has it now too!!!
- There are perks! Currently REI is offering new registrants 15% off one full priced item (some exclusions). Not bad…:)
The Hiking Baby Dream Registry
I have put together my dream REI Co-op baby registry items. What you do you think?
Happy trails! And congratulations to all of the new hiking parents out there! And if wedding bells are in your future, check out my take on how REI fares as a wedding registry. 🙂
Disclosure: Hiking Lady occasionally receives products or services from companies for free or at-cost for review purposes, and in some cases may receive a small percentage of sales if a product is purchased. As always, companies whose products are being reviewed are NOT allowed to exercise creative or editorial control over content.