Now that it is January and the weather is colder in most parts of the country, including here in Southern California, it was a perfect time to give the RefrigiWear unisex Softshell Vest a try!
Hiking Lady’s RefrigiWear Softshell Vest Review
RefrigiWear’s products are both insulated and non-insulated. This is one of their “non-insulated” garments, and I found it to be ideal for cool California winter hikes. For colder climates, I’d recommend the insulated version.
The RefrigiWear Softshell Vest has the comfort of a fleece vest (because it is lined with a soft fleece), but the extra benefit of being water repellent.
The vest is quite lightweight, has plenty of pockets (always nice for hiking!) and is stylish.
Specs of the RefrigiWear Softshell Vest:
- Sizing: The RefrigiWear Softshell Vest comes in S to 5XL, so you’re sure to find one that fits. For women out there, note that this is a unisex cut so you will probably want to order one size smaller than usual.
- Where to Buy? Amazon.com or directly from RefrigiWear
- Price? $50.00
- Water resistance: The vest definitely wicks moisture, and the outside has a water-repellent breathable polyurethane membrane.
- Materials: 96% polyester, 4% elastine comfort stretch microfiber shell.
- Colors: Black.
- Pockets: One on the inside, 3 outside that zip.
Overall, the RefrigiWear Softshell Vest is a nice addition to a hiking wardrobe. It is ideal to wear on slightly chilly days with potential for rain, and you can layer up underneath while keeping your arms free! Happy trails!