All of us are pinched for cash these days… No need to worry though, because you can find deals on hiking gear for your outdoor adventures! Here are some of Hiking Lady’s tips:
- Check out Craigslist.com and search for camping, hiking, and backpacking gear. You never know when someone in your area is getting rid of some trekking poles, a high end backpack they decided to never use (because they got blisters while backpacking and didn’t read HikingLady.com’s tips!), or a women’s sleeping bag. A little bit of consistent searching can really pay off.
- REI periodically has Used Gear sales at their stores. To find out, go to REI’s website, click on “Store Locator” and find your local store, then click on “Hours, events, directions, and more”. Get there early, because there will undoubtedly be a long line. It’s worth the wait because the deals are so good! Because of REI’s generous return policy, you’ll be able to find slightly used boots, adventure apparel, trekking poles, and even backpacks and sleeping bags! Make sure you’ve done you’re research beforehand when buying something that should be fitted to you, like backpacks. Occasionally the gear will be very used (yes their return policy seems to be overly generous sometimes!), but have a look around! I got my Vasque Blur trail running shoes for just $30 at a recent used gear sale 🙂 and I couldn’t even tell they were used!
- REI-Outlet.com is another place to look for heavily discounted hiking gear for women, like women’s hiking boots, trekking poles, camping and backpacking gear. They have overstocks and closeouts. Be sure to check out their Deals of the Day. They had a Sierra Designs 3-person light weight tent on sale for $99 recently.
- Left Lane Sports Hot deals on top brand gear! Very quick sales, and limited products, so you have to keep checking back. It is a great place to find hot deals!
- Hiking Lady’s “Deals and Free Stuff” I am constantly scouring the Internet to find the best deals on hiking gear, apparel, guides, and anything else that a hiker would want! Regularly check back and find out who is sponsoring contests to win free trips, photo contests, and what free giveaways are out there!
Happy shopping! See you on the trails!