Are you ready for winter to end so that you can start planning some spring and summer backpacking trips? Backpacking and hiking are my favorite pastimes, and I always look forward to hitting the trail! What are the best backpacking trips in the U.S.?
National Geographic published an article with their top 10 best backpacking trips in various U.S. National Parks. Many of them are long treks, some of which take a week or more to complete. A few are long weekend trips. What do you think of their list?
National Geographic’s View of the 10 Best Backpacking Trips:
- Wonderland Trail in Mount Rainier
- Tuolumne Meadows to Yosemite Valley in Yosemite
- The Thorofare in Yellowstone
- North Coast Route in Olympic
- Mount Sterling Loop in Great Smoky
- The Maze in Canyonlands
- Cottonwood/Marble Canyon Loop in Death Valley
- Brown Pass in Glacier
- The Grand Loop in Rocky Mountain
- Alatna River to Noatak River in Gates of the Arctic