I’ve had the chance to test out the 5.11 Tactical Women’s Horizon Hoodie, a women’s specific polyester zip up layer designed to serve as a lightweight layer for cool days in the mountains.
After waiting for the weather to cool down to finally put it to the test, the Tactical Women’s Horizon Hoodie served it’s duty well – it provided a comfortable layer to keep me warm in the mountains. The jacket lives up to its “tactical” reputation since it is well made of anti-pilling polyester, it is weather resistant, and stays looking crisp after a long day hike.
Notable Unique Features of the 5.11 Tactical Women’s Horizon Hoodie
- Comfortable! This polyester hoodie feels more like a classic comfy cotton hoodie, yet still has the wicking powers of polyester and a sleek design.
- Convenient pockets. In our testing in the San Bernardino mountains, we made lots of use of the handwarmer pockets.
- Feminine design. The hoodie is cut for a woman, not only making it stylish, but the design adds to the comfort and mobility of the jacket.
- Sizing: Small to XL
- Colors: Black (tested), Caribbean Sea, Jungle, and Violet
- Where to Buy? 5.11 Tactical’s website or Amazon.com
- Pricing? $69
- Materials: 100% Polyester