Blisters are one thing that sure are a menace to hikers.
If you wear high top hiking boots, backpacking boots, or mountaineering boots, I just recorded a quick video demonstrating the lacing technique I use to prevent heel slippage. And guess what? I’ve never had a heel blister!
Blister Prevention Shortcuts!
- Lace your boots properly! Watch the above video again if needed. Check out these tips if you wear low top hiking shoes.
- Wear two pairs of socks. An inner “liner sock” will wick moisture away from your foot to an outer sock. Prevent moisture = prevent blisters!
- Make sure your boots fit your feet!
Still want to learn more? The Hiking Lady website is full of tips about hiking boot fit, blister prevention, proper socks, lacing, and more, so be sure to check out these other articles. There is no need to ever have blisters!
Here are some articles I’ve written about preventing blisters in your hiking boots:
- 10 Tips for Mastering Hiking Boot Shopping. Start here because a proper fit for your hiking boots is the most important factor in preventing blisters.
- Hiking Socks & Sock Liners. A simple 2 layer system can go a long way in preventing blisters! (I am a big fan of SmartWool hiking socks)
- Blister Prevention Tips. Are you wearing liner socks and still getting blisters? Try toe sock liners!
- Hiking Boots for Narrow Feet? Here I discuss how to lace low top hiking shoes to prevent heel slippage.
Give this lacing technique a try, buy a pair of liner socks, and let me know how it goes.
Do you have a question for the Hiking Lady?
Thanks for stopping by! Now it’s time to start exploring!
Be sure to sign up for Hiking Lady’s free email newsletter to stay apprised of upcoming gear giveaways, hiking gear reviews, and more!